We have a great deal of history in our past. The First Presbyterian church of Chanute, Kansas was organized as a congregation in 1870. The first church building was started in 1873 and the congregation moved into the finished church in 1875.
The cornerstone for the current building was laid at the present site on October 10, 1909. The building was completed in January 1911. The education building was added in the 1960s.